Monday, December 28, 2009

'Alter of Eden'...


DNA tampering, murder, cloning, covert military, insane evil, futuristic science, horrific, genetic engineering, and enough action to make a Cajun tired. Can you think of a better way to say goodbye to 2009? ‘Alter of Eden’ is one of those “I loved reading this book because it was just plain FUN” type book. Even if you aren’t a fan of the genetic-DNA-thrillers I really think you should read this one. I also loved the fact that Mr. Rollins didn’t just touch on DNA tampering, he jumped in with BOTH feet and got chest deep in it. I wonder how long it’ll take the bible-thumpers to get their panties in a twist over this one. HA!

This entire book was a treat but I especially loved the middle-end (no spoilers) when the unimaginable takes place. I wonder if the publisher did a test read on unsuspecting subjects because damn if I didn’t have the same reaction as Lorna! This book will also elicit some pretty strong emotions because Rollins is as blunt with the mayhem as he is describing what happens prior, during, and after the mayhem. No one, friend or foe, is spared. Matter of fact, Rollins goes so far past the point of no return so many times that it’s almost like it never existed in the first place.

What a fantastic, dramatic, and spectacular way for me to close out (for real this time) my 2009 book reading year.

No comments:

Post a Comment