Tuesday, January 26, 2010

'Bedroom Bully'

OK, only real talk allowed here. After reading `Fly on the Wall', I was on hot pins and needles waiting for `Bedroom Bully'. After the heat in that book I just knew this one was going to be the same. Unfortunately, it was not. The sexual scenes were hot but the one thing that kept throwing me off was the plotline. I know when you read fiction you must willfully suspend your disbelief in the "real world" or you won't enjoy yourself. To be honest, that is THE reason I read fiction; I want to be taken away to a fictional world. But too many things in this novel made me go, "no freaking way" and "you gotta be kidding me".

Willing suspension of disbelief is one thing, having me believe the impossible is another. Yes, there were a number of very funny scenes in this book and yes, there are a few hot sexual scenes. However, the plotline that glued them together was peppered with one "what the heck" after another. This book was good enough for me to have finished it, it wasn't so bad that I won't read anything else by Trista, but I cannot recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment