Tuesday, February 9, 2010

'Big Girls Do Cry'


I’ve got a bone to pick with Mr. Weber. Either he starts selling neck braces and helmets with his books or he and I are going to have serious problems. The ENTIRE time I was reading this book I was beating my freaking head on the wall and shaking my head back and forth saying, “no, no, no, no, NO, NO”!!! Carl Weber must be Swahili for “drama”, because… wow!!...Carl brings a whole new meaning to the word!

I really wanted to bang my head against the wall because ‘STUPID’ is too light a word to describe Egypt and Rashad. I mean COME ON!! And let’s see if I can think of a word to describe Isis: toxic, demonic, unhinged, possessed, loony, bonkers, deranged, a lunatic nutcase. There. Pick one. Why Egypt keeps trying to help out this half-baked crack-head is way beyond me. I was wondering how this world could deal with a person like Isis. Then it hit me, Satan got tired of her. Carl wrote his butt off with this one y’all.

And, no, I haven’t forgotten about Jerome… with his wanna-be-player-ass. He plays best friend, he plays hard-working employee, he plays lover, and he plays other women’s husbands… yeah. But even with his playgirl lifestyle I didn’t see what I saw until I was forced to see it. There are other relevant characters in this book and they do add gust to the story, but Isis, Egypt, and Jerome win the Oscar!

This is definitely another non-stop winner from Mr. Weber.

'Big Girls Do Cry'
By: Carl Weber
ISBN: 9780758231819

No comments:

Post a Comment