Wednesday, April 28, 2010
'Blood Oath' Contest Winner!!!
Congratulations to Alix for being the winner in our ‘Blood Oath’ contest!! She had the most questions correct and the most number of words (339) created from ‘Transylvania’. Her picture of her interpretations of what a vampire looks like didn’t hurt either. :-) Alix will receive a copy of ‘Blood Oath’ by Christopher Farnsworth and my undying (hahaha) gratitude for participating! Congratulations Alix and stay tuned everyone else for my next book contest!!
1. Who was the only President to pardon a “blood-sucker”?
2. Name at least three “traditional” ways to kill a vampire.
3. Which President had the nickname “Old Hickory”?
4. Into which creatures can a vampire turn? Name at least two.
5. Name the sixth and ninth Presidents of The United States.
6. What sadistic, torturous real-life leader was known as the first living “vampire”?
7. Name at least three ‘traditional’ ways to protect yourself from vampires.
8. President Obama is our 44th President. There have been, however, only been 43 men that actually held that position. What is the discrepancy?
9. According to this fantastic Biblical tale, whose wife is considered the first female vampire?
10. Eleven Presidents have had unsuccessful attempts made on their life. Name four.
1. Andrew Johnson
2. Stake through the heart, decapitation, prolonged exposure to the sun, shot or stabbed with silver.
3. Andrew Jackson
4. Bat, wolf, cat
5. John Quincy Adams (6th) and William Henry Harrison (9th)
6. Vlad, the Impaler
7. Wearing garlic, wearing a cross, dousing them with Holy Water, thrown seeds at them.
8. Grover Cleveland actually held the office of president twice, but they were non-consecutive terms.
10. Andrew Jackson, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush.