Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chris Farnsworth signs 'Blood Oath' at Russo's Books.


What if you had a human sized blender? And what if you put in that blender Brad Thor, Bram Stoker, Glen Duncan and pressed speed #4? What would that bloody, gory, bone shard, putrid red liquid produce? You’d get an author called Chris Farnsworth and a book called ‘Blood Oath’. I keep saying that this is the most fun I’ve had reading this year because, DAMMIT, it is!! Please, please don’t be put off (like I honestly was at first) that this is another vampire novel. Yes, the main character is a vampire but to leave it at that is not just wrong, it’s… like… super wrong!

There are a lot of books that have that all important “buzz” before the book is released. There are also a lot of books that I would use to wipe my butt after a night of binging on ice cream and buffalo wings! Buzzes don’t mean jack unless you have the Boom-Book-Pow! to back it up. ‘Blood Oath’ does. ‘Blood Oath’ does. ‘Blood Oath’ does. And if that wasn’t enough to give me a Michael Jackson like overdose, this will…

Christopher Farnsworth will be making an appearance at my bookstore, Russo’s Books on Saturday, June 26th from 1 PM – 3 PM! HELL YES!! Someone get Conrad Murray on speed dial! In the conversations I’ve had with Christopher he has been very nice and genuinely tickled (?) that I enjoyed his book so much. That’s probably because I did. Please come out to support this author and your local bookstore. You’ve been hearing a lot of chatter about e-books, and the iPad is getting more exposure than Pam Anderson in Barbados. But neither one of them can give you the satisfaction, the fun, the thrill, and the experience of meeting an author. And if you want to meet me, yeah, I’ll be there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment