Saturday, October 23, 2010

'The Eagle's Conquest' by Simon Scarrow


I think I read ‘Under the Eagle’ about two years ago. I remember really liking it, but (as most book lovers can relate) I got caught up in reading other stuff and never made it back to Scarrow. Until now. Man, I didn’t realize how much I missed Macro and Cato until I started reading about these two again. I LOVE reading (fictional) books about Rome and it’s shouldn’t have taken me this long to get back into the series. I hope you don’t make the same mistake I did. This is a magnificent story within a magnificent series with magnificent characters told by a magnificent author. The "ending" was about as perfect as a lead-in to the next book as you would want. Absolutely perfect. Need I say more? Only this: ‘When the Eagle Hunts’… you’re next.

No comments:

Post a Comment