Friday, October 15, 2010

'Smooth: Erotic Stories for Women'


Unlike her last erotic book for women (which I loved) this one is truly for women. It was VERY sexual as all her books are, but it wasn’t… raw. Something about this one didn’t quite do it for me and I was trying to figure out what. I think I’ve narrowed it down to two reasons. 1. Different authors, which you would expect in collections and 2. It was a little tame for my taste. So why did I give it 5 stars? Because I can make the difference between good short stories, bad short stories, bad short stories that are just BAD, and good short stories that just weren’t my cup of tea but were good nonetheless. Most of the stories in this collection fall in the “good-but-not-my-cup-of-tea-but-still-good” category.

It just seemed that a lot of these short stories were very moderate compared to her other erotic “for women” books. Could be just me, and if so, I’m OK with that. Here are a few of my favorites:

‘Loyly’
‘Eden’ – this was a VERY interesting take on Adam & Eve.
‘This Night’ – my absolute FAVORITE!
‘Muscle Bound’
‘The Tea Party’

9781573444088

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. erotic books that are anthologies are an interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I am a married woman who recently worked up the nerve to share my rape fantasy with my husband. I told him that even though sex with him is great, I needed something a little more exciting…and dangerous. He suggested that he could “rape” me to fulfill the fantasy, but I told him it just wouldn’t feel like a “real” rape if he was the rapist. I told him that I would never cheat on him, and that if the idea of me with another man really bothered him, I wouldn’t do it, but that the only way to make my fantasy seem “real” was to for my “rapist” to be someone else. Since he loves me and wants to make me happy, he told me that he would see what he could do. visit to read more

    ReplyDelete