Monday, January 17, 2011

'The Pussy Whispers' by Dean Jean-Pierre


OK, do y’all remember that scene in ‘Men In Black’ when the cockroach blew up and Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones were drenched with the creatures entrails? That’s how I felt as I was reading this book. The sexuality is so THICK that you feel as if you took a shower in it. Usually when I read erotic novels there is eroticism on every page, in this joint it’s in every sentence. I’m not kidding. You know how when you drink something so sweet it makes your teeth hurt? This book here is the sugar. I won’t ask Dean where he came up with some of these stories but I’ll give him a dollar if I can hang out in his brain for a minute.

Every book I read must have that “something” to keep me reading. Whether its violence, suspense, sex, dark humor or action. Obviously in this one it was the sex, but it wasn’t JUST the sex. Dean can tell a short story and that makes this a fun read. I don’t want to only read about a bunch humpin’ and bumpin’. WHY are they humpin’ and bumpin’, and what caused them to hump and bump? I don’t want to call this intelligent erotica because 1. that sounds stupid and 2. that sounds REALLY stupid. But hopefully you catch my drift. Dean is also a very heavy use of the metaphor. It flavors the story, colors the characters, and gives aroma to the air. In case you can’t tell I really enjoyed this short story collection.

A word of warning: do not try to read this book straight through. I’m not kidding here either. ‘Pussy Whispers’ is like sexual cocaine. Too much at one time will completely f-you up. I already have one book on my early list for ‘Best Books of 2011’, don’t be surprised if this one joins it.

(Personal note): The author was gracious enough to send me a copy of this book as I will not waste my money on the Kindle.

9780615354262

1 comment:

  1. Hey, what do you know. I checked Goodreads and I already have this on my list to read, better move it up I guess. Wow, can't read it straight through because it's like sexual cocaine, now I know I have to read it. Thanks for the recommendation and the great review!

    ReplyDelete