Saturday, July 9, 2011

'Puzzlebook: 100 Puzzle Quizzes' by The Grabarchuk Family

This was gifted to me by the Grabarchuk family.  I’m always amazed that the requests I get because I don’t have one puzzle book on my list because puzzles interest me as much as Amish container planting.  But I gave this one a chance because I DIDN’T have a puzzle book on my list.  I’m glad I did because this one was actually fun.  I will be truthful and say that it took me longer to get through this book because I kept quitting because I kept being made to feel like a fool.  Not really, but you know what I mean. 

I played this book in probably the worst way you could, I play because of a bruised ego.  :-) Once I figured out to stop thinking so “literal” I had a good time with it.  Mind you, I still have a few to get through because there are a lot here, but I have played enough to feel OK about writing a review.  To be honest, it would take even a genius a couple weeks to get through every single puzzle in this book.  This is also a very good book to have on your e-reader because you can play a few puzzles while waiting for… well whatever.  I read this on my ipad so a few of the buttons aren’t exactly where they would be on the Kindle but it’s easy enough to figure out… it’s a puzzle book remember?

All in all I think puzzle people will enjoy this book and maybe another person, like me, will enjoy it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment