Friday, February 17, 2012

'The Family Business' by Carl Weber and Eric Pete


I’m almost afraid to write this review because I fear I might give something away.  I’ve been reading Carl for years now and I’m always amazed at his spaghetti-like plot direction and how what you think you know about a character is nothing like the reality of that character.  In ‘The Family Business’ we are introduced to the Duncan family.  L.C. (dad), Chippy (Mom), and the children; Rio, Orlando, Paris.  Together as a family they run Duncan Motors, an extremely successful car dealership.  But… as I alluded to earlier, nothing is what it seems.  What I enjoyed about this book (aside from the story) was how Carl & Eric would throw in a hairpin that left you like “what… huh?” 

This book could easily be a reality show called ‘Duncan Family Values’.  EVERYONE has a secret and EVERYONE has an agenda.  I wish I could tell you more about this book… but I’m afraid I would slip up and tell you something that you don’t need to hear.  Just take my word, K?  

9781601624673

No comments:

Post a Comment