Thursday, August 1, 2013

'Baby Got Back' edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel

First off, this title made me laugh.  If you’re a child of the 90’s you can’t help but think of Sir-Mix-A-Lot!  However, as weird as it may sound, both Sir-Mix-A-Lot and Rachel Kramer Bussel do share one thing in common.  They both love a well shaped booty!  Hell if you want to be honest, who doesn’t?  But while Sir Mix is all out how booty looks, Rachel and her sexual minions are all about how booty feels.  So prepare for a ride on the dark… I mean the backside. 

I don’t suppose that anyone who has a problem reading this type of stuff would even be reading this review or checking out this book.  But just in case, know this collection of erotic short stories covers every freaky lifestyle imaginable.  (OK, maybe not imaginable but the range is still pretty great).  Despite the slowly progressive nature of our society, booty sex is still a major taboo.  I guess that’s what makes collections such as these, fun. 

We’re voyeurs on something that we either can’t do or won’t do.  Something so decadent and so naughty that we’d rather buy the eBook than the paperback, so that no one can see us reading it.  What would you did (god forbid) if you were caught in the ‘New York Underground Public Library’ reading this book?  I will say that even for folks (like me) who are OK with different types of sexual situations and techniques; there were a few short stories in here that made me go “huh?”  Not in a bad way but rather in a “OK I need to go back and reread that because I thought she was… no wait, I thought HE was… no wait… hold on… “ kind of way.
Rachel and her harem of writers deliver yet again.  Here are a few of my favorites:

‘Brenda’s Booty’ by Tenille Brown.  THIS is how you open a collection like this one!  Wow.

‘Rectified’ by Tiffany Reisz.  Aside from the hot sex, I loved the banter between Lela and Brad.

‘A Winter’s Tale’ by Veronica Wilde.  I don’t frequent a café, but I might start.

‘Bar None’ by Mina Murray.  The short scene where the waitress is going down the list of cocktails.  Then…

‘What You Feel Like’ by Talon Rihai & Salome Wilde.

‘Hard Astern’ by Thomas R. Roche.  All I want is to see Hannah’s dress.

‘With Lucy in the Middle’ by Kathleen Tudor 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention! "Lucy" is one of my hubby's faves, too!

    ReplyDelete